Friday, April 16, 2010

Get The Look: Shiri Appleby

I had the pleasure of doing Life Unexpected star, Shiri Appleby's makeup last night for the Museum of Natural History soiree. Yes, I have been known to paint a face or two... Besides being a beauty writer, I am also a makeup artist -- strictly for friends!


Here's how you can get the look:

Inspiration: Smokey eye with a pink cheek and nude lip

EYES: I started by using Benefit's Eye Bright in the inner corners of each eye. I then applied the lightest shade from Senna's Contour Kit over the entire lid, and the white sparkle shade from the same kit on the brow bone and inner corners. Next, I swept MAC's Rich Flesh over the lid and used MAC's Handwritten for the crease and to create a smokey line under the eye. For the upper lid, I chose to use Dr. Hauschka's Liquid Liner. It creates a perfectly precise line. I finished with MAC's Feline black liner pencil and a coat of DiorShow Extase on both upper and lower lashes.

FACE: A tiny dollop of Make Up For Ever's HD Foundation and a bit of their HD cover up under the eye was all I needed. Shiri has gorgeous, poreless skin, we wanted to keep it simple. For the cheeks, I used Lancome's Color Design Blush in Petticoat Pink. It's a cream blush but I applied with a brush for an airbrush effect. I finished the look with a dab of YSL's Touche Eclat under the eyes to highlight and a quick sweep of Too Faced Candlelight on cheekbones.

LIPS: I used Tarte's Natural Lip Stain in Amused to add a flush of pink to Shiri's lips. I then layered Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Glow # 262 for a shimmery light shine.

2 comments:

Katrin said...

You've done such a fantastic job. Shiri looked gorgeous! Thank you for sharing some beauty secrets with us.

Calisia said...

Nice make-up and a beautiful model – all fit together into the breathtaking whole :) All the best for you and Shiri!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin