To wax or not to wax? We already delved into a debate over this question. So, if you've chosen to wax, there are a few essentials you should know prior to doing so.
Boom Boom, owner of Boom Boom Brow Bar in NYC dishes on the 5 best tips for a safe waxing experience.
- Advise if you are using RETINOL, ACCUTANE, and/or an ANTIBIOTIC – they make skin ultra sensitive and your technician may choose to tweeze instead of wax.
- NO DOUBLE DIPPING!!! A waxing technician should never double dip! Wax is not kept at a hot enough temperature to kill bacteria, double dipping can cause cross-contamination (meaning infection or viruses are transmittable).
- During a service, wax should only be applied to the same area of skin twice - no if, ands, or butts.
- After waxing, a soothing oil (Boom Boom prefers grapeseed oil) or Neosporin should be applied and then wiped away with antiseptic wipes to keep area super clean.
- Avoid sun exposure, extreme heat, and aggressive skin treatment for 24 to 48 hours after waxing.