Wednesday, May 11, 2011

FAVORITES: Lip Stain

I'm back!

Sorry, I've been a  bit MIA, I was actually in MIA (as in, MIAMI) and took a few days off the blog. But, alas, I am back in NYC and it's finally beginning to feel like Spring.

So, to celebrate my return - to blogging and NYC - I thought we'd start off with a timely FAVORITES post, the trusty lip stain. Absolute perfection for spring and summer, especially while running from pool to ocean - stays on all day, sweat-proof and doesn't look like you're actually wearing much makeup at all!

To recap my Girls Guide to Stains, click here. 

As for some of this season's favorite stains, have a read:



Benefit Benetint - I cannot write this post without mentioning the purveyor of stains near and far, Benetint - a true, blood red lip stain that doubles as a cheek tint too. Gives lips a natural flush hue.



Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stain - With 9 wonderfully pigmented colors to choose from, there is something to suit every lip. And the marker makes application fun and precise.



CoverGirl Outlast Lip Stain - DRUGSTORE FIND! Another pen, with so many colors to choose from. Fun, easy, precise application. Not to be used on cheeks. Really leaves a nice stain on the pucker!




Smashbox Limitless Lip Stain & Color Seal Balm - NEW! A 2-for-1 - a stain on one side, a lip balm on the other. Wear alone or together for added shine (with a hint of hue). Choose from 6 color combos.



The Balm Stainiac - Comes in 3 colors and is fitted with a wand and sponge applicator. Gives great natural color to the lips that stays put for hours.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love what the Cover Girl lip stain marker did to my lips, but it dried up pretty much completely after 1-2 uses. I'm not sure if it was my fault or if I was using it incorrectly, but it was disappointing.
Benetint is incredible and I want to try out the other ones you rec'd.

Beauty Banter said...

Laura,

Sometimes, stains do have a tendency to dry out lips. If this is the case, you can always apply aquaphor or any type of emollient lip balm over the stain.

Hope that helps!

xoxo,
Beauty Banter

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin